INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HOME STUDY COURSE
- Read the entire course.
- Remove the quiz and answer sheet from the booklet.
- Answer all questions in the post-test. Record your answers on the answer sheet. (an overall score of 70% is required for 3 contact hours)
- Complete the course evaluation.
- You may mail your completed answer sheet to Nursing Unlimited or you may bring it to our office in North Miami Beach.
Cerebral Vascular Accidents: Age-Related Changes
Given information on cerebral vascular accidents and appropriate geriatric nursing assistant responses, HHA and CNA will be able to provide geriatric nursing assistant responses to clients who have had a cerebral vascular accident.
- Define cerebral vascular accident and identify its medical abbreviation.
- Define contributing causes: thrombus, embolus. arteriosclerosis, and hypertension.
- Describe five physical changes to be expected in a person with a cerebral vascular accident.
- Describe three emotional changes to be expected in a person with a cerebral vascular accident.
- Identify geriatric nursing assistant responses for clients with cerebral vascular accidents.
- Provide nursing assistant responses to clients who experience cerebral vascular accidents.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: Home Study.
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Examination: Pass = 70%
ACCREDITATION: Nursing Unlimited, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing education by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number is 271-0011. Accreditation by reciprocity for states other than Florida.