OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this program the learner will be able to:
- Define medical error.
- Identify the 8 different types of medical errors.
- Identify 3 factors that increase the risk of medical errors.
- Recognize 3 error-prone situations.
- Identify safety needs of special patient populations.
- Discuss processes and strategies to improve patient outcomes.
- Discuss strategies for preventing medical errors in 3 different areas.
- Recognize responsibilities according to Florida Law for reporting medical errors.
- Discuss 5 way for patient involvement in medical error’s prevention.
- Identify the National Patient Safety Goals of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) for 2012.
Methodology: Home study or On-line study CE Broker hours: 2