INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HOME STUDY COURSE
- Read the entire course.
- Remove the quiz and answer sheet from the booklet.
- Answer all questions in the post-test. Record your answers on the answer sheet. (an overall score of 70% is required for 2 contact hours)
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Place your completed answer sheet, course evaluation, and check or money order in the amount of $10.00 payable to Nursing Unlimited, Inc. in the business reply envelope and mail.
- Upon receipt of your answer sheet, your certificate will be mailed to you within one business day.
If time is of the essence, you may call 1-800-852-4126 for instant results, or fax the answer sheet to (305) 651-1427. Your answers will be immediately reviewed and you will be called to inform you of a passing score.
PURPOSE: This home study will review how to accurately measure blood pressure in all clients.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this home study, the participant will be able to:
- Describe what blood pressure is.
- Discuss the significance of blood pressure as a vital sign.
- List three causes of high blood pressure.
- List three causes of low blood pressure.
- List equipment for taking blood pressure.
- Describe two common errors that occur when taking a blood pressure.
- List three factors that should be considered when taking a blood pressure.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: Home study.
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Examination: Pass = 70%
CONTACT HOURS: 2
ACCREDITATION: Nursing Unlimited, Inc. is a provider of continuing education approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number is NCE 2958. Accreditation by reciprocity for states other than Florida.