INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HOME STUDY COURSE
1. Read the entire course.
2. Remove the answer sheet, affidavit and course evaluation from the booklet.
3. Answer all questions on the post-test (an overall score of 70% is required for 2 contact hours).
4. Complete the affidavit and the course evaluation.
5. You may mail your completed test, affidavit and course evaluation to Nursing Unlimited, Inc., or you may bring them to our office in North Miami Beach any time during office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 9:00pm and the first three Saturdays of the month, 8:00am to 1:00pm.
PURPOSE: This home study will review the role of the home health aide/certified nursing assistant with respect to self-administration of medication.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this home study, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe Florida law as it relates to the home health aide/certified nursing assistant’s ability to assist with self-administration of medication.
2. Define the role of the home health aide/certified nursing assistant in relation to assisting with self-administration of medication.
3. Demonstrate the proper techniques for assisting clients with various types of medication.
4. Name 2 common medications and their possible side effects.
5. Define 2 specific side effects that would require a call to the immediate supervisor.
6. Discuss methods of medication storage and disposal.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: Home study
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Examination: Pass = 70%
TARGET AUDIENCE: Home health aides and certified nursing assistants
CONTACT HOURS: 2
ACCREDITATION: Nursing Unlimited, Inc. is a provider of continuing education approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number is FBN-2958.