INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HOME STUDY COURSE
- Read each topic and click on MARK COMPLETE when you are finished
- Go to the Lessons page and take the quiz entitled “Take the Common Diseases and Disabilities of the Elderly.”
- Answer all questions. (an overall score of 70% is required for 3 contact hours)
- On this page or on your My CE Courses page, download your certificate.
Cerebral Vascular Accidents: Age-Related Changes
Given information on cerebral vascular accidents and appropriate geriatric nursing assistant responses, HHA and CNA will be able to provide geriatric nursing assistant responses to clients who have had a cerebral vascular accident.
- Define cerebral vascular accident and identify its medical abbreviation.
- Define contributing causes: thrombus, embolus. arteriosclerosis, and hypertension.
- Describe five physical changes to be expected in a person with a cerebral vascular accident.
- Describe three emotional changes to be expected in a person with a cerebral vascular accident.
- Identify geriatric nursing assistant responses for clients with cerebral vascular accidents.
- Provide nursing assistant responses to clients who experience cerebral vascular accidents.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: Home Study.
METHODOLOGY: Home study or On-line study CE Broker hours: 3
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Examination: Pass = 70%
ACCREDITATION: Nursing Unlimited, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing education by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number is 271-0011. Accreditation by reciprocity for states other than Florida.