Length: 120 minutes
PURPOSE: This home study is intended to educate health care professionals on domestic violence issues as required by Florida state law, Section 456.031(1)(a), F.S.
This course is recognized by FBN and CE broker Agency.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this home study, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the dynamics of an abusive and/or violent relationship.
- Identify three “red flags” of a battering personality.
- Identify three characteristics of the victim of domestic violence.
- List three reasons that victims may stay in an abusive relationship.
- Describe screening procedures used to identify and assist both victims and perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Identify two legal protections available to victims of domestic violence.
- List three community resources available to assist the victim, the perpetrator and the family.
0% Complete 0/21 Steps