The Purpose of this course is to educate the health care providers about the problems of elderly abuse. The main focus of this publication is on describing the characteristics of elder population in Florida, different types of elder abuse, Florida State Law about elder abuse, health care provider responsibilities, National and Florida specific health care programs for evaluation of the health status and needs of elder population, available protection, support and interventional resources in this age group.
Participants: ARNP’s, RN’s, LPN, s, GPN’s, LV N’s, CNS’s, HHA’s
- Statistic data about elder population
- Statistic data about elder abuse
- Discuss the definition of 6 types of elder abuse
- Describe the Florida State Law for elder abuse. Signs and symptoms.
- Describe the health care provider (HCP) responsibility for prevention and reporting the elder abuse
- Describe the factors for elder abuse in home health or other types of health
- Describe the development and the importance of National and the State elder abuse programs
- Respond to the questions in the elder abuse case scenario
Methodology: Home study or On-line study CE Broker hours: 2
Course evaluation: Post-test with passing score – 76 %.
Evaluation of the course: Student evaluation