INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HOME STUDY COURSE
- Read the entire course
- Remove the quiz and answer sheet from the booklet.
- Answer all questions on the post-test (an overall score of 70% is required for 2 contact hours).
- Complete the course evaluation and the affidavit.
- You may mail your completed test, course evaluation and affidavit to Nursing Unlimited, Inc., or you may bring them to our office in North Miami Beach
PURPOSE: This home study is intended to assist Certified Nursing Assistants in meeting the requirements of 64B9-15.011(2)(c), Florida Administrative Code, which provides that CNAs will have, as part of their two-year in-service education, training in medical documentation and legal aspects appropriate to nursing assistants.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this home study the participant will be able to:
- Explain the difference between subjective and objective reporting
- List 4 senses utilized while making client observations
- Tell where in law and rule certain topics can be located.
- Discuss the importance and possible legal ramifications of medical documentation
- Demonstrate appropriate methods for both documenting services provided and correcting mistakes in documentation.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: Home study
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Examination: Pass = 70%
TARGET AUDIENCE: Certified Nursing Assistants
METHODOLOGY: Home study or On-line study CE Broker hours: 2
ACCREDITATION: Nursing Unlimited, Inc. is a provider of continuing education approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number is FBN-2958.