• Summarize the characteristics, progression, and public health impact of Alzheimer’s disease
• List 4 risk factors for developing Alzheimer’s disease
• Identify 5 symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
• Discuss the psychosocial and financial burden on family and caregivers.
• List 2 available medical therapies, including their risks and benefits.
• Name 5 strategies of effective communication and behavior management for the person with Alzheimer’s disease.
• Spell out 3 effective ways of assisting with activities of daily living and maintenance of independence.
• Discuss 3 ethical and legal issues in caring for the Alzheimer’s patient, including end-of-life care.